What to Do After a Car Accident
People are often left in a frantic state immediately following a car accident. It is difficult in that moment to think clearly and know what to do. I will provide you with key steps to take after an auto accident. If you have more questions about what to do after a car accident, contact Martin E. Goff, Attorney at Law, by calling my Toledo office at 567-298-4661.
Steps to Take After a Car Wreck
I am attorney Martin E. Goff. For more than 30 years, I have been assisting individuals throughout Ohio who have been injured in car wrecks. Below I have listed steps that you should take immediately following an accident:
- Call 911: It is important to call 911 and have a police officer come to the scene. A police officer can effectively gather evidence and witnesses to file a report.
- Exchange insurance with the other driver: Be sure to exchange contact information with the other driver, especially their insurance information. This is important if you wish to seek compensation.
- Remain at the accident scene: Do not leave the accident scene and make sure no one moves his or her vehicle until the police have arrived. You will want to be around when the police arrive to give your account of what happened.
- Take notes and photos of the accident scene: Before vehicles are moved, you will want to take notes and photographs of the vehicles, accident scene and visible injuries. Photographs can help you document the extent of the damage done on your vehicle and the injuries you sustained as a result of the impact.
- Contact an attorney: Do not speak to the other driver's insurer until you first speak to a lawyer. You will want to speak to an attorney who has experience representing victims of car crashes. I have handled hundreds of car accident cases throughout my years of practice. I will guide you through the process so that you are able to seek maximum compensation for your suffering.
- Get medical treatment: If you have been injured, be sure to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Your injuries may be more serious than you think. Be sure to document if your injuries grow worse over time.
For More Questions Contact My Law Firm Today
If you have more questions about what to do after a car accident, contact my Toledo law office at 567-298-4661. I offer a complimentary consultation and will answer any questions you have about car accidents and personal injury claims.
Disclaimer: Case results depend upon a variety of factors unique to each case. Case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any future case.